END OF YEAR BLOG, 8TH YEAR. (end credits at bottom!)

 2024-2025, what a wild ride.... final blog of leadership (and ilima)

it's really time, isn't it? what a way we've come.... from not knowing what to do and feeling lost to actually getting a hang of things... time really does fly, doesn't it? -jacob (yacob) batoon, one of 3 gts in 2023-2024 and stuff idk im so tired

overview of the year

this year WAS SO CRAZY. first of all, the beginning of bridge and the summer field trip... it was such a great first look into leadership and whats to come this year, and i would have never expected this year to be so fun and amazing purely from that experience. moving on, some significant parts that i'd love to put focus on are orientation, dance comp, the night events, and retreat! beginning with retreat, it was one of the best times of my life and probably one of the best times of leadership as a whole, because it was so fun and i loved bonding with the 7th graders more, especially the ones in our period because our period is probably the most... let's say interesting bunch, and i really loved the mishaps and shenanigans we got into during retreat, especially our CHOPPED asl synchronized swimming... bro that was TERRIBLE. and lightly charred... a joke that we still use today.. sigh how time flies. next up on the timeline were the night events (especially the ones post-gt) because it was just more bonding with people, especially before the events because like we would usually set up and do whatever we needed to do which I'm really glad for, since we would usually goof off and bond with each other more!!!.. next up, ORIENTATION.. one of our worst nightmares which took a lot of time off our hands, but we got it over with and here we are now, past orientation and all our worst nightmares... I feel like orientation was a big help in the GT bonding experience because it's such an intimidating roadblock (especially for me) and I knew that once the GTs got it over with, they were gonna miss leadership.. and finally the dance comp!! our magnum opus (and especially dance's) as we got that FOURPEAT and the drive for 5 continues... so when the time comes, we'll keep our crown and get a 5th one.. nobody can stop our winning streak!.. and eah thats mainly what i wanted to cover for the overview of this year :3

highlights/lowlights


the highlights of this year are definitely the year-definers which are orientation, retreat, bridge, dance comp, and more... to begin with bridge, as mentioned earlier, bridge is such an integral part of leadership as is retreat and orientation, and to me it's the first sneak peek to what the year's gonna be like especially during the more important areas... and man im really grateful that bridge was as good as it was because i knew that we would have a great year...! another highlight is retreat as it's basically an extension of bridge which happens in the middle of the year and as weird as it was, you eventually got used to staying there and man oh man was it great as it wasn't as much activities as bridge but moreso planning and bonding with our period members and im soo glad i went because although i only stayed with the people i knew the most, i had a lot more bonding with people i didnt talk to at bridge which was amazing!!! next upp we have... the orientation season! orientation was pretty fun and i talked a lot about it in my quarter blog and the stuff before and man i think that it's such a great time and one of the most important parts of leadership and i'm really happy that we got to do that... also final mentions are the dance comp fourpeat, already talked about that lots so im glad that's a highlight of this year, and finally.. i'm really happy about the bonds i made with the people in leadership and im so glad that i've been able to get this far.. especially with how stressful it's been these past few weeks, i feel really tired and i just wanna go to bed.. so thank god the year's ending :3

lowlights.. one lowlight is definitely going to be leaving ilima as campbell's campus is so large and scary and i know that once i get used to ilima and it's campus im gonna feel like it's been forever since i last stepped foot on ilima ground, especially since it's such an iconic place to me and i'll miss it... another lowlight is highschool and i know it shouldn't be that bad but from what i've heard, highschool's gonna be hella stressful and strict so i need to do a lot more stuff to make sure i have a great high school experience.. and finally the last thing i wanted to mention for lowlights is the fact that i might not have done enough.. now i know that this year was the best year of school in my life but nowadays when i look back i feel like it was just another school year, and if i weren't in leadership this year i wouldn't have remembered this year as fondly as i would now!... and yeah ;3 thats it 

lesson of the year

the lesson of the year is to always go towards the path that leads you to your greatest self.. i see this as the ability of each and every person to strive for prosperity or go downhill and self-destruct... more often than not I see people going down the latter path, but what I really want to see is people striving for their greatest self as although some may be happy with where they are, that might just be what they see as 'prospering' and to me that's okay.. everybody has their own view on their greatest self, and what i want to see is more people living up to their inside standard of their 'best self', and not self-destructing like a lot of people... and this applies to the whole year as it's been some crazy ups and downs but when i think about it, the ups WAAAY outdo the downs and sometimes thats just how the path to the greatest self goes, i guess.. sounds hella religious and weird ik but just hear me out... anyway thats it thats my lesson

4th paragraph.. what am i most grateful for from these past 2 years?

for me this is definitely obvious... all the bonds that i've made as some things went and gone but the one thing that really stuck with me through 7th and 8th grade is this leadership class.. and although 7th grade wasn't that great of a year (it was) and 8th grade too, i feel like 8th grade is my best year and im really glad that the bonds i made with this leadership class were well.. created and im also really glad that i decided to return for this year... but yeah so the thing im most grateful for from these 2 years are the bonds and friendships i made especially in leadership as they will stick with me for a long time and when i become an alumni next year, i hope that leadership's still gonna be as great as it is!!! :3 (psst psst scroll down scroll down)














-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

END CREDITS

8TH GRADE

------------------------------------------

Cassell Shiroma

Hey man.. so uh. nice job doing so well this year, especially with all the responsibilities you take on! I know i talk to you often (as with riselle) but man im grateful for you and the others as without you guys i probably wouldn't be how i am now... and yeah! Good job, don't die mr ing 2!

Riselle Guillermo

Riselle... look man i know you just came out of the thing with lau but BRO. you're genuinely so cool and like im really grateful for you cassell zaza and everyone since you guys were (and still are) my foundation of middle school.. thank goodness you guys are here for me and everyone else, so... yeah! your art is super cool, don't die, and good luck next year riselle!

Alessandra Domingo

update

Naomi Doliente

update

Valerie Manaois

update

Cherish Tauyan

update

Sienna Keyes

update

Mikayla Mangrobang

update

Olivia Ing

Olivia... bolivia.. i just wanna say you're an AMAZING group leader, and I know that we (me and riselle) haven't been in class for the past few weeks but MAN you're so cool and I'm really grateful that you were my group leader... because you're so fun! :3

(i hope thats all)
------------------------------------------

7TH GRADE

------------------------------------------

Emma Delgado

Emma, I'm really glad you were apart of Period 5 and I really do think that period 5 wouldn't be the same without you, or Ariya... anyways, don't die next year, and we'll come back next year, don't worry.. we won't be gone for long :3 

Ariya Cordero

Ariya, you're so cool and fun to be around, and although you and Emma bully me a lot, I bully you guys back, so it's a fair trade! You and Emma are an integral part of Period 5, and with you guys taking the reins, i hope you guys have a great time next year, don't die, and stay silly!

Cheyanne Tauyan

Cheyanne, I knew you would've been fun to be around since the psychologist incident during Bridge... and I seem to have been right about that fact, since you're so nice and chill and you seem to roll along with all of our dumbness.. thanks for that, and good luck next year!

Sonora Carter

Sonora, I'm really mad that you didn't rejoin. You would've been such a great part of 2025-2026, but apparently you didn't.. but maybe that's what fate says, I suppose... good luck next year, and I'll still bully you!

Gledys Baldonado

Gledys, I know I like barely had a conversation with you throughout this whole year but I'll be honest, you seem like a really chill and laid-back person, and I know you'll do great next year!

Meygan Calloway

Meygan, you're such an amazing person and a great sister to Dylan.. your bond with each other is amazing and the bonds you have with everyone else is also so fun.. you're great to be around and I really hope that you have a fun year next year, because I know you will!

Marsali Manley

Marsali... you're super cool and I'm really thankful for you to be the first 7th grader bond I had during Bridge!!.. now i know I don't talk to you that much anymore but bro... the things I see you do with val and meygan are so fun and I hope you have a good time being normal next year!!!

Anela Cortez (s?)

Anela... look man when I saw holly at Bridge (and harmony) at bridge I was SO confused. like bro i thought you were related to them im so fr... anyway so thanks for being super chill and cool and being fun to be around, and i wish I could've talked to you more!.. anyway, good luck being normal, and maybe see you at holly's grandparents house! (tell me if you're going so i can be mean to you)


(i really hope i got everyone)

------------------------------------------

WHAT AN AMAZING YEAR YOU GUYS! I'LL MISS YOU!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blog 2-7.. the thanks is giving skibidi?

weekly blog 19